Dental Assistant School in Massachusetts
Looking for a career field that’s growing in the Bay State? Find the training you need to launch an in-demand healthcare career at Lincoln Tech’s Dental Assistant School in Brockton, Lowell, or Somerville!
When you train for a career in dental assisting, your courses will cover:
- Working with dental amalgam and composite
- Assisting with making crowns and other devices
- Chairside assisting with procedures involving prosthodontics, dentures, implants, cosmetics, and more
- Assisting in surgical procedures
- Overall dental health
- X-rays and radiography
- Dental anatomy
- Infection control
- Basics of dental office management
- Administrative processes such as insurance coding and billing
- Preparation to sit for the Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) portions of the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam
- And much more!
Through it all you’ll have the chance to work side-by-side with "Dexter," our dental training manikin, for the most realistic lab practice possible! You can also take advantage of a Blended Learning program that allows you to complete some course work online at home, and devote more time on campus to building hands-on skills in Lincoln Tech’s dental office classrooms!
Before you graduate, Lincoln Tech will help you secure two real-world externships in a general dental practice and a specialty practice (such as oral surgery, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, and others). You’ll gain a total of 300 clinical hours for hands-on experience that will help you stand out to employers!
More than ever, studies show that dental care plays a big role in a person’s overall health. As a Dental Assistant, you can help people learn to take better care of their teeth and improve their lives at the same time! Be the smiling face that helps patients through dental procedures – become a Dental Assistant!
Programs vary by campus.