Lincoln Tech in South Plainfield, NJ
Are you skilled with your hands? Someone who enjoys the mechanics of taking things apart and putting them back together to be even better than they were before? Like the idea of being able to look at a structure and say, “I helped build that?” We’ve got a training program, and a career path, for you at Lincoln Tech in South Plainfield, NJ!
Through hands-on training in the welding, diesel, and heavy equipment industries, you can turn a Lincoln Tech education into an exciting, rewarding profession. These are more than just jobs – these are trades that demand skills you’ll build at Lincoln Tech … skills you’ll have for life!
Our Newest Program: Welding & Metal Fabrication Technology
Welding is one of the country’s fastest-growing skilled trades, and with good reason: almost anywhere you look, you’ll find structures, vehicles, and everyday objects that were assembled by professional welders! You’ve got a wide range of career paths to choose from when you earn your Welding Diploma, and we’re proud to now offer training for this essential industry at our South Plainfield, New Jersey campus!
Diesel and Heavy Equipment Training at Lincoln Tech's South Plainfield Campus
For almost 50 years, the South Plainfield campus – originally known as Engine City Technical Institute – has served as a regional leader in training future diesel, transport refrigeration, and heavy equipment technicians. Core classes in diesel technology essentials will help you build the foundation of a successful, rewarding hands-on career – and whichever career path you choose, you’ll be well-trained and well-positioned when it comes time to search for your first job!
- The campus features 48,000 square-feet of shop and classroom space filled with diesel training transmissions, differentials, components and more.
- Classes are designed for individual attention, and small class sizes give students dedicated time for hands-on training with help from professional instructors.
- Our instructors are pros in the classroom and shop. They have proven their teaching capability by successfully completing a comprehensive Instructor Training Program.
- The school features 10 classrooms, which are outfitted with hydraulic and mechanical trainers, and various electrical accessory training board simulators.
- The Early Student Engagement program helps students focus on life skills necessary to be successful in the diesel industry.
Upon graduating from Lincoln Tech, students are prepared to repair and service diesel trucks, construction equipment, bulldozers, cranes, and other diesel powered machines. Our Career Services department has even helped place students in jobs with companies such as OEM distributors, waste management, and municipal garages, to name a few.
Take your passion for Diesel mechanics to the next level. Call Lincoln Technical Institute in South Plainfield, New Jersey to find out about the Admissions process!