As a Medical Assistant, you can directly impact the lives of patients in a wide range of medical settings and earn a good living at the same time. Medical Assistant training is offered in a traditional on-campus format, and also as a convenient Blended Learning platform at Lincoln Tech’s Somerville, MA campus. By choosing Blended Learning, you can complete some of your coursework online, from home, and spend your time on campus building first-hand experience taking vital signs, maintaining patient charts, applying surgical dressings and more. Whichever format works for you, you’ll be introduced to the language of medicine, and graduate from Lincoln Tech with the knowledge Medical Assistants are expected to have.
Highlights of Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Expose you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Provides you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 160-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
Lincoln Tech’s training program also prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Somerville, MA can help you begin a rewarding, patient-focused career. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Somerville, MA:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Massachusetts Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 1, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=MA&g=Go