Massage Therapy Training
Enter the growing massage therapy field in Massachusetts and start a career where you can earn an excellent living as a hands-on healer. There are more than 4,500 massage therapists projected to be hired across the state by 2026 *. Build the skills you need in the Massage Therapy training program at Lincoln Tech’s Somerville, MA campus!
The Massage Therapy field offers the chance to perform client-focused work that will leave you feeling fulfilled at the end of the day. By learning to treat injuries, reduce stress, and promote general wellness, you’ll know you’ve made a difference in the health of your clients.
Massage Therapy training at Lincoln Tech will:
- Cover concepts like reflexology and pathology, Shiatsu and Swedish massage techniques, and more.
- Help you build clinical experience and develop the skills sought by hiring managers in spas, salons, resorts, medical practices, sports medicine facilities and many other settings.
- Give you hands-on practice working with clients in simulated spa settings on campus.
- Show you how to treat injuries and promote overall health through improved blood flow.
- Include medical topics such as myology (the study of the muscle system) and detecting potential health issues through massage.
- Teach you the inner workings of the human muscular system and muscle movement.
- Help you prepare to sit for key industry certification exams.
Put your potential to work in a hands-on healthcare career field! Call or visit the Somerville campus today to get started.
* Career growth projections can be found at careeronestop.org for the years 2016-2026. Ranks reflect comparisons among 48 continental U.S. states. Salary information is based on median salary information collected for the year 2017. Data is current as of March 31, 2019.
The following program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Somerville, MA campus: