Medical Assisting Technology Earn a degree and increase your earning potential
Train to become a multi-functional healthcare office practitioner while you prepare to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification exam. Medical Assisting Technology adds to your professional credentials by awarding an Associate in Specialized Technology Degree upon completion – you’ll have patient-focused skills centered on compassion, and administrative skills to keep medical offices running smoothly!
An Associate’s Degree can increase your earning potential as a Medical Assistant*. This specialized training program offers more than its share of perks:
- Earn your degree in 1-2 years, depending on the schedule you select.
- Computerized simulation manikins are used to teach students how to “treat” ailments.
- Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs) simulate real-life, professional medical offices from the reception area to examination rooms.
- Learn how to document patient exams and diagnoses in electronic medical records, with an emphasis on privacy and security.
- Practice patient preparation by taking vital signs and history, master injection techniques and sterilizing procedures, and learn how to properly don sterile gloves.
- Become computer-savvy in electronic health record and billing software.
Medical Assistant Technology Jobs After Graduation
Medical Assistant Technology program graduates are qualified to work as Medical Office Assistants, EKG Technicians, Phlebotomy Technicians, Unit/Ward Clerks in hospitals, Claims Examiners, Adjusters/Processors for insurance companies or anywhere a healthcare support professional is needed. And you’re not just limited to doctor’s offices - podiatrists, chiropractors, optometrists and other health specialists need Medical Assistants, too.
The world of medicine is always seeking qualified Medical Assistants. There’s no better time to earn your degree at a Medical Assistant school like Lincoln Tech.