Healthcare support professionals like Medical Assistants are expected to be in demand across Indiana until at least 2028. To enter this fast-paced field, you need career-specific skills. Lincoln Tech’s Indianapolis campus offers a Medical Assistant training program that includes a 160-hour externship capstone course. This exam shows your knowledge and qualifications to perform medical assistant duties recognized by industry-specific standards.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients by taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, collecting specimens and other duties. Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Highlights of Medical Assistant Training
- Experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing procedures.
- Refine your skills by practicing treatments on medical manikin body simulators.
- Experience working in realistic medical environments using Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs). These simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Learn about the digital technology used within the healthcare setting.
- Attend classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and more.
- Work a 160-hour clinical externship to earn valuable real-world experience before graduation.
Graduates Can Pursue these Career Paths
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Indianapolis can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
** Career growth projections can be found at onetonline.org for the years 2018-2028. Ranks reflect comparisons among 48 continental U.S. states. Salary information is based on median salary information collected for the year 2019. Data is current as of January 2021.
The following career training program is offered at Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis, IN campus: