Medical Assistant Training Program
Healthcare support professionals like Medical Assistants are expected to be in demand across Indiana until at least 20301. To enter this fast-paced field, you need career-specific skills. Lincoln Tech’s Indianapolis campus offers a Medical Assistant training program that includes a 160-hour internship capstone course. Successfully completing this final course indicates that you have knowledge and skills needed to perform medical assistant duties recognized by industry-specific standards. Students interested in taking their training a step further can also pursue an Associate of Applied Science degree in Medical Assistant Technology at the Indianapolis campus.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients by taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, collecting specimens and other duties. Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Highlights of Medical Assistant Training
- Experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing procedures.
- Refine your skills by practicing treatments on medical manikin body simulators.
- Experience working in realistic medical environments using Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs). These simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Learn about the digital technology used within the healthcare setting.
- Attend classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and more.
- Work a 160-hour clinical internship to earn valuable real-world experience before graduation.
Graduates Can Pursue These Career Paths
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant Technology training in Indianapolis can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is offered at Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis, IN campus:
1 Career growth projections can be found at onetonline.org for the years 2018-2028. National Center for O*NET Development. Indiana Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved July 18, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=IN&g=Go.