Medical Assisting is one of Pennsylvania’s most in-demand health support fields. Medical Assistant training at Lincoln Tech’s Allentown campus can help you build the hands-on, patient-focused skills you need to enter the field, where more than 39,000 jobs are projected to open between 2018 and 20281.
As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients: taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, applying surgical dressings, collecting specimens and more. Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech will:
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Expose you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
The program also includes the option of a Blended Learning format that lets you complete some of your coursework online from the convenience of your home.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Medical Assistant training in Allentown, PA can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Allentown, PA:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Pennsylvania Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 9, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=PA&g=Go