Join the growing numbers of personal and private chefs*
getting trained at a Lincoln Culinary Arts School
Cooking isn’t just something you do – it’s an exploration into ingredients and flavors from around the globe to create works of art, with plates as your canvas. Turn cooking into a career as you receive the foundation for Culinary Arts School training from professional chefs at Lincoln Culinary Institute (LCI) schools in Shelton, CT and Columbia, MD. Here, students learn to master a variety of culinary techniques. Lincoln’s program was recently expanded to include a focus on food services, helping broaden students’ career opportunities after graduation!
- Receive hands-on culinary training in French, Asian, Mediterranean, Latin and American cooking, along with professional baking and pastry techniques.
- Work with seasoned culinary professionals in kitchens equipped with industry-standard equipment and tools.
- Master advanced cooking skills like contemporary food reception, presentation and knife skills.
- Enter the world of modern gastronomy through the newest cooking methods such as SousVide and thermal immersion, which give food added depth and dimension.
- Experience cuisine from around the world, and study their ingredients, flavors and cultures.
- Chart a career as a personal or private chef, including how to market yourself as an independent entrepreneur.
- Study menu planning and nutrition, plus many other principles of Food Science.
Success never tasted so good!
As a Culinary Arts and Food Services student, you’ll taste new food, experiment with new and exciting flavor combinations, and become a lifelong learner with experiences that you’ll carry with you forever. Everyone has a different dream, but the passion for bringing joy to others through food remains the same. The Culinary Arts experience you gain at LCI can help make your entry into the culinary industry a delicious success!
Lincoln Culinary Institute (LCI) in Shelton, CT is a division of Lincoln Technical Institute. LCI in Columbia, MD is a division of Lincoln College of Technology.