Machining and Manufacturing
around the country
Make an impact on the American manufacturing industry – train to become a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machinist at Lincoln Tech in Indianapolis. From cutting metal, steel, aluminum and titanium for airplane parts, to programming a computer to create intricate pieces for everyday household items, you’ll build skills through CNC Machining and Manufacturing training inside our 63,000 square-foot facility.
This campus features the Gene Haas Center for Advanced Automation, named for the founder of one of the world’s leading CNC equipment manufacturers. CNC students at this campus also have the unique opportunity to use their skills to build components for the race cars of Arrow McLaren SP, an IndyCar giant and Lincoln Tech partner.
With double-digit growth projected across Indiana by 2026*, this state should be at the heart of the nation's new manufacturing era! Train in a CNC workshop that mirrors the clean, safe factory settings of today, programming the machines that are making “Made in America” a reality again!
Skills Acquired at Our Indianapolis, IN CNC Machining School
- Learn to program the computers controlling 21st-century manufacturing equipment.
- Practice reading blueprints and working with industry-standard software to direct tool paths.
- Study Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided-Manufacturing (CAM) through specialized software programs.
- Prepare to qualify for credentials from the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) in the areas of job planning, bench work, milling, CNC Turning, and more.
Manufacturing companies across the Midwest can count on Lincoln Tech’s Indianapolis campus to fill their need for qualified CNC Machinists. Nearly 90% of CNC Machining graduates were hired in the field last year** – get on the front lines of this exciting high-tech career field!
* Career growth projections can be found at careeronestop.org for the years 2016-2026. Ranks reflect comparisons among 48 continental U.S. states. Salary information is based on median salary information collected for the year 2017. Data is current as of September 30, 2018.
The following career training program is currently available at Lincoln Tech’s Indianapolis, IN school: