Diesel Technician Training
Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis Diesel Mechanic School
In the heart of all things motorsports, "Indy" boasts an amazing Lincoln Tech campus! Mega labs give students the chance to get their hands on real-world diesel engines and the big rigs trucks they power. Skilled instructors will assist students as they work through each project in one of the 16 diesel bays on campus.
Students will learn how to perform tune-ups, align wheels using computerized equipment, and service or repair diesel fuel systems like Common Rail, Cummins and more. Diesel technicians are vital to the growth of careers that help build America. As they work on diesel engines of cars, trucks, tractors and machinery of all types across the country, technicians are supporting the backbone of industry. With the help of knowledgeable diesel instructors, every student leaves feeling ready to excel in his or her chosen career path.
- Learn the theory, functions, diagnostics, and repair of medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for proper repair of all diesel powered truck tractors.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), different Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems with various gear designs and shift mechanisms.
- Identify and adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Obtain comprehensive information on hydraulic, air over hydraulic, and air brake systems.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors that are committed to share their technical knowledge.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis diesel mechanic school: