Diesel Technology Training
In the heart of all things motorsports, the Indianapolis campus blends tradition with pure adrenaline. The campus has served the state of Indiana, and students from across the country, since 1961 – and we’re just 20 minutes from the home of the Indy 500. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the center of the racing world, and at any given race you’ll find diesel-powered trucks and equipment driving race cars to and from the track, maintaining the raceway, performing road repairs and more. Our Indianapolis diesel mechanic school puts you at the center of it all.
On campus, students have the chance to work on real-world diesel engines and the big rig machines they power. Students perform tune-ups, align wheels using computerized equipment, and service diesel fuel systems like Common Rail, Cummins and more.
Lincoln Tech’s diesel mechanic school is at the heart of a prime location for anyone looking to get into the diesel industry. Combined, Indiana, Illinois and Ohio are projected to add over 19,000 positions in the field over the next 10 years, and are three of the country’s top 12 states for growth in the field.* And it’s not just trucks - at this diesel mechanic school, you’ll also prepare to work on tractors, hydraulic systems, power generators, construction equipment and more.
Skills Acquired at Our Indianapolis, IN Diesel Technology School
- Use industry standard tools and maintenance equipment.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
Diesel Technology Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Truck fleets
- 18 Wheelers
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
At our Indianapolis campus, you can build career skills to enter the field as a technician or mechanic. You can also take your skills further and earn an Associate’s Degree in Diesel and Truck Service Management. 93% of our Service Management graduates got hired in their field last year!**
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Indianapolis diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
** As reported to ACCSC on the latest accreditation report.
7225 Winton Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46268