Needed In Indiana By 2028*
The need for skilled welders in the United States means competitive pay rates for individuals with the right skills. This is a great time to obtain the highest quality training for the welding industry, and Lincoln Tech’s Indianapolis campus is ready to help you build in-demand skills for this exciting career field.
Lincoln Tech offers two training programs at its welding school in Indianapolis. The first is the Welding and Metal Fabrication Technology certificate program, and the second is the Welding Technology diploma program. They both offer the same five courses for welding fundamentals, basic and shielded arc welding, and MIG and TIG welding processes. They differ in that the certificate program offers a course in metal fabrication processes, while the diploma program offers Pipe Welding using SMAW, GMAW and FCAW processes. Either of these skill sets can be of immediate use in the construction, manufacturing, mining, and agriculture industries, to name a few. The choice is up to the student depending on their interest.
Welding Program Training Highlights
Students will be prepared to complete pre-qualification tests for construction, structural or pipe-related projects. You’ll also qualify to test for Level One certification from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Welding plate metal, carbon steel plates, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Welding in horizontal, vertical, and overhead settings
- Specialize in either Metal fabrication or Pipe Welding techniques
If it’s time to follow a new and promising career path, Lincoln Tech in Indianapolis, Indiana is the right school to begin an incredible career. Call or visit the campus today to get started.
* For the years 2018-2028, career growth projections for Indiana can be found at https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/51-4121.00?st=IN&g=Go. Data is current as of May 3, 2021.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Indianapolis, IN: