Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Program
Lincoln Tech's Auto Body School in Grand Prairie, TX
In the classroom and in the garage, Lincoln Tech’s Grand Prairie, Texas campus helps you build the skills you need to repair, repaint, and restore damaged vehicles. You’ll learn to make these cars, trucks and SUVs look and run like new – sometimes, even better than new! You'll learn to paint, airbrush and perform auto body repairs, and some of your course work can be completed online, on your schedule, through a unique Blended Learning curriculum!
More than 171,000 collision repair jobs are projected to open around the country between 2016-2026, and in Texas the field is growing at an impressive 24%*. Now's the right time to start training for this exciting hands-on field!
- Remove damaged vehicle sections and install replacement parts.
- Practice MIG and TIG welding procedures.
- Inspect equipment, structures, and materials to identify defects and other problems.
- Sand, prime, and paint repaired surfaces with spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Use manufacturers’ analytical software to estimate collision damage and measurement.
- Diagnose, fix, and install brakes, suspension, and air conditioning systems.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical components, and trim to access vehicle bodies and fenders.
I-CAR, the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair, is a non-profit provider of collision repair industry training standards. Lincoln Tech’s Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology program incorporates I-CAR standards and encourages students to become I-CAR certified technicians after graduation.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students learn from ASE-certified instructors committed to sharing their technical knowledge.
*Source: careeronestop.org, for the years 2016-2026.
The following career training program is currently available at Lincoln College of Technology in Grand Prairie: