Medical Office Assistant Training
Want to know more about this Health Sciences program?
Training includes experienced instructors, simulated medical settings and more
A career as a Medical Office Assistant lets you work in a caring health care environment while keeping an office organized and efficient. This means you'll experience the rewarding aspects of working with patients but without hands-on clinical patient care responsibilities.
In Lincoln’s Medical Office Assistant training program, you will develop skills to become the “go-to” person when it comes to maintaining the day-to-day tasks in a medical/health care setting. You’ll make sure patient records and files are organized, and office procedures run smoothly.
- The Medical Office Assistant program is available on multiple campuses.
- Medical administration training takes place inside simulated medical settings, with emphasis on industry-standard computer software like Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Medical Records software, designed for data entry input to document patient exams, diagnosis, disorders and coding.
- International Classification of Diseases federal coding guidelines, coding conventions and principles are introduced.
- Benefit from administrative courses that focus on the organizational side of being a Medical Office Assistant, which includes processing insurance claims, payments, scheduling appointments and laboratory procedures.
- Experience what it’s like to work in an actual doctor’s office, insurance company or billing center through an Administrative Externship.
Career Opportunities with Medical Office Assistant Training
Lincoln’s Medical Office Assistant training broadens job opportunities for graduating students in medical and healthcare settings including hospitals, physician's offices, ambulatory healthcare services, insurance companies, laboratories and more!
Gain the medical administrative training doctors look for to keep their practices organized. Locate a campus near you, or request more information about this exciting health sciences program!