Diesel Mechanic School
South Plainfield, NJ
South Plainfield, NJ
Our South Plainfield diesel mechanic school in North-Central New Jersey is the place to earn your diesel engine skills. Whether the concept of working with diesel equipment is completely new to you or something you have had in your sights for a long time, Lincoln Tech can give you the tools you need to get to work. From the classroom to the fully equipped real-world training bays, the tools and support you need to succeed will be available to you every step of the way. The training pays off, as 83% of Diesel Technology Graduates from all 2021 class shifts were hired in the field after graduation1.
At Lincoln Tech’s South Plainfield campus, students have also taken part in exciting extracurricular projects – like rebuilding a pickup to race at the legendary Englishtown track, and transforming an out-of-service ambulance into an off-roading “Mud Bogger.”
Build hands-on experience working with the technology that keeps essential rigs and machines running smoothly. Core classes in diesel technology will lay the foundation for you to pursue a new career in truck technology, transport refrigeration, and heavy equipment maintenance.
Skills Acquired at our South Plainfield, NJ Diesel Mechanic School
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
Diesel Mechanic School Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Truck fleets
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
Start training for bigger, better career possibilities with earning potential to match. Program options include a Transport Refrigeration component you won’t find anywhere else, Diesel and Truck Technology, and Diesel and Truck Mechanics. It’s time to get your hands on technology with serious power – the power of diesel fuel and diesel technology.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's South Plainfield diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's South Plainfield, NJ diesel mechanic school:
1 As Reported to the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges on the 2021 Annual Report.