Diesel Technician Training
Lincoln Tech's South Plainfield Diesel Mechanic School
Our South Plainfield diesel mechanic school in North-Central New Jersey is the place to earn your diesel engine skills. Whether the concept of working on a diesel engine is completely new to you or something you have had in your sights for a long time, Lincoln is ready to give you the tools you need to get to work. From the classroom component to the practical applications, the tools and support you need to succeed will be available to you every step of the way.
You’ll work in real-world, fully equipped diesel and heavy equipment bays, building hands-on experience on the technology that keeps these essential rigs and machines running smoothly. Core classes in diesel technology will lay the foundation for you to pursue a new career in truck technology, transport refrigeration, and heavy equipment maintenance!
Students will learn how to perform tune-ups, align wheels using computerized equipment, and service or repair diesel fuel systems. Diesel technicians are vital to the growth of careers that help build America. As they work on diesel engines of cars, trucks, tractors and machinery of all types across the country, technicians are supporting the backbone of industry. With the help of knowledgeable diesel instructors, every student leaves feeling ready to excel in his or her chosen career path.
- Learn the theory, functions, diagnostics, and repair of medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for proper repair of all diesel powered truck tractors.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), different Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems with various gear designs and shift mechanisms.
- Identify and adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Obtain comprehensive information on hydraulic, air over hydraulic, and air brake systems.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors that are committed to share their technical knowledge.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Technical Institute in South Plainfield, New Jersey: