Heavy Equipment Mechanic School
With a 7% growth rate projected and more than 3,500 openings expected in Tennessee for heavy equipment technicians by 20281, this is a field that offers excellent employment opportunities for people who have a mind for mechanics and are great with their hands. This is a field that offers excellent employment opportunities for people who have a mind for mechanics and are great with their hands. Heavy Equipment Mechanic training at Lincoln Tech’s historic Nashville campus - once known as Nashville Auto-Diesel College (NADC) - can help you build the skills employers in the field are looking for.
Four out of 5 graduates from our Nashville campus’ Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technology programs get hired in the field. You can earn a Diploma for faster entry into the field, or pursue an Associates Degree in Service Management for added earning potential when you graduate.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic training at Lincoln Tech’s Nashville campus – serving students from throughout the southeast and across the country – helps graduates launch careers with real impact while meeting industry needs for qualified mechanics and technicians.
Skills Acquired at Our Nashville, TN Heavy Equipment Mechanic School
- Take apart and reassemble engines, transmissions and transaxles from tractors, bulldozers, backhoes, excavators and more.
- Work with heavy-duty brake systems, fuel lines, and electrical systems.
- Apply basic welding procedures for certain types of repairs.
- Study the physics of hydraulics in the heavy equipment repair and maintenance industry.
- Replace parts on front-end loader differentials, kingpin suspensions, and rubber/steel track systems.
Build skills for a career keeping some of our nation’s most vital equipment on the roads and on the job at construction sites, mining operations, agriculture centers and more. Check out Heavy Equipment Mechanic training at Lincoln Tech’s Nashville campus today.
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Tennessee Employment Trends: 49-3042.00 - Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 3, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-3042.00?st=TN&g=Go