Opening its first HVAC campus in Newark NJ in 1946, Lincoln Tech has been at the forefront of training new technicians for over 75 years. Lincoln focuses on technological developments in environmental technology and prepares students to enter the field with a strong foundational knowledge of climate control and hands-on skills to match it. The Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Heating System Technology program is a 1,200-hour program prepares the student in both classroom and shop environments, as well as the convenience of completing some assignments remotely.
Lincoln Tech's HVAC school in Mahwah, New Jersey has been granted six-year HVAC Excellence Accreditation.
Additionally, there are currently only 129 Certified Master HVAC Educators in the United States, and many of them teach at Lincoln schools. This credential identifies an educator’s professional competency and attests to their commitment to continued professional development.
Highlights of our HVAC Training Program
- Get the option of an on-ground, in-person training experience in the morning or a convenient blended learning experience in the evening which allows the student to complete some assignments at home, so time on campus can be dedicated to hands-on training.
- Air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating technology programs at Lincoln include energy auditing – establishing the source of energy loss and providing solutions for correcting these problems.
- HVAC classes feature hands-on exercises that take place in a “Green House”, an outdoor mini-house where students physically work on HVAC components.
- Use modern technology in our HVAC schools, such as thermal-imaging cameras to check for energy efficiency.
- Classrooms are set up with labs and lectures equipped with walk-in freezers, household furnaces, central air systems and facilities to simulate duct work.
- Learn how to troubleshoot using SimuTech software, which features computer-based simulation “bugs” and problems you might encounter on the job.
The campus features an on-site energy auditing trainer, known as the “Green House,” to give you hands-on instruction in testing and troubleshooting for energy efficiency. HVAC graduates can even apply for advanced training in the specialized Hussmann partnership program at Lincoln Tech in Grand Prairie, TX, which could lead to greater career possibilities.
With so much opportunity projected in this field throughout New Jersey and New York, the Mahwah campus has everything you need to train, build skills, and get hired. And who knows – one day you might join the ranks of our New Jersey grads who have started their own HVAC businesses.
Call or visit our Mahwah, NJ campus today to get started. Programs Available:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. New Jersey Employment Trends: 49-9021.00 - Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved October 27, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-9021.00?st=NJ&g=Go