Welding and Metal Fabrication Technology
Maryland is growing – and building, and moving, and everything that requires welders to keep it all together. Thousands of jobs for welding professionals are projected to be available across Maryland by 2026*.
Lincoln Tech’s Columbia campus offers a Welding and Metal Fabrication program that can help put you on the road to a career in construction, manufacturing, shipbuilding, mining, agriculture and more. Industry-specific welding facilities, including individual booths, offer everything you need to learn the science and art of welding.
Skills Acquired at Our Columbia, MD Welding School
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Metal fabrication techniques
- Welding plate metal, carbon steel plates, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Welding in horizontal, vertical, and overhead settings
When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to complete pre-qualification tests for construction, structural or pipe-related projects. You’ll also qualify to test for Level One certification from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Light up a new career path with hands-on training from Lincoln Tech’s Columbia, MD campus. Put your potential to work, and reach out to the campus today!
* Career growth projections can be found at careeronestop.org for the years 2016-2026. Ranks reflect comparisons among 48 continental U.S. states. Salary information is based on median salary information collected for the year 2017. Data is current as of June 30, 2019.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Columbia, MD: