Lincoln Culinary Institute in Columbia, MD
Students find the ingredients to create delicious new career possibilities at Lincoln Culinary Institute, a division of Lincoln Tech in Columbia, MD. Step into the dynamic worlds of Culinary Arts or International Baking and Pastry, and start cooking, slicing, and baking your way to an exciting new future. Learn to prepare appetizing dishes and cuisines from around the globe, bake exquisite breads and pastries, or work with the finest chocolates and sugar.
More than 30,000 chefs, head cooks and bakers are projected to be needed throughout Maryland by 2026*. By training in Culinary Arts and Food Services, or International Baking and Pastry, at LCI’s Columbia campus, you can learn from professional master chefs who have made their living working in the field. These training programs can prepare you for careers in restaurants, hotels, spas, resorts, catering facilities and more. You may even go into business for yourself as a Personal or Private Chef.
We’ll give you all the ingredients you need at LCI – how you blend them and cook up an amazing new career is up to you.
Culinary Arts and Food Services – learn modern and traditional techniques for creating quality meals from scratch, using meats, poultry, and seafood. Plus get an introduction to the business side of breaking into the growing field of personal and private chefs for busy “on-the-go” clients.
International Baking and Pastry – focus on the sweeter side of life in the culinary industry by training on techniques in baking, breadmaking, wine pairing, centerpiece creation, and working with sugar and chocolate. Artistic presentation and nutritional considerations are also covered.
- European-style kitchens
- Industry-standard ovens, tools and utensils for preparing main courses and desserts
- Fun competitions and community-focused extracurricular activities
- Externships for exciting, valuable real-world experience before you graduate
- Scholarships, grants, and other financial aid options for those who qualify
- Career services specialists to help you launch your career when you graduate
Put your skills to the test in the kitchens of restaurants, bakeries, hotels and more! Discover the recipe for an incredible new career path, one where you can put your love of great food to work. Call or visit the LCI campus in Columbia, MD today.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
* Based on 2017 IPEDS data.Career growth projections can be found at careeronestop.org for the years 2016-2026. Ranks reflect comparisons among 48 continental U.S. states. Salary information is based on median salary information collected for the year 2017. Data is current as of September 30, 2018.