Healthcare support professionals like Medical Assistants are expected to be in demand around Maryland over the next decade, but you will need career-specific skills to break into the field1. Lincoln Tech’s Columbia campus can train you to become a Medical Assistant in as little as 37 weeks. As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients, taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, collecting specimens and more. Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
Highlights of Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech:
- Gives you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Helps you learn to take vital signs, read and update patient charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing.
- Provides an environment to test your skills on simulation manikins that you’ll “treat” for ailments.
- Places you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs).
- Exposes you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Includes classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Gives you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 160-hour medical assisting internship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk in a hospital setting
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Columbia, MD, can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Columbia, MD:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Maryland Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved July 21, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=MD&g=Go.