Electrical & Electronic Systems
8% GrowthIn Job Demand between 2018 & 20281
For almost 60 years, Lincoln Tech’s Columbia, MD campus has been the place to train for hands-on careers in the in-demand electrical and electronic systems technology fields. Now electrical training at Lincoln Tech makes even more sense as over 22,000 job openings are projected across Maryland between 2018 and 20281.
The Electrical and Electronic Systems Technician program at our Columbia campus emphasizes low-voltage electronics as well as high-voltage electrical equipment like cabling, lighting fixtures, magnetic coils and relays, and much more. You’ll train inside the on-campus “Smart House” facility and gain hands-on experience working with mobile communications equipment.
Electrical Training School Highlights
- Train to install, troubleshoot, and service low-voltage electronic systems like whole home automation, closed-circuit monitoring systems, fire alarms, home theater equipment and more.
- Learn to install cable support structures and prepare pathways for copper and fiber optic cabling.
- Gain hands-on experience with cabling and networking tools and materials.
- Study electrical concepts as they relate to equipment like conductors, insulators, and switching devices.
- Practice using hardware such as anchors, supports, conduits and a lot more.
- Learn to install, test, and troubleshoot local area network cabling systems and voice/data systems.
- Build skills for entry-level residential electrician work.
Earn a Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Systems Technology at Lincoln Tech’s Columbia, MD campus, or increase your earning potential with a Service Management Associate of Applied Science Degree. Our partnership with Johnson Controls, a leader in the industry, can also provide opportunities for qualified students after graduation.
Get connected to an exciting new career, and put your potential to work! Call or visit the Columbia campus today.
Electrical and Electronic Systems Technology (View Course Descriptions)
Electrical and Electronic Systems Technology Service Management (View Course Descriptions)
9325 Snowden River Parkway
Columbia, MD 21046
Lincoln representatives are always ready and happy to assist you. Our advisors are available seven days a week to help you reach your career goals!
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Maryland Employment Trends: 47-2111.00 - Electricians. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 9, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/47-2111.00?st=MD&g=Go
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended the Columbia, MD campus and enrolled in a program can be found at: