Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology Training
Lincoln Tech's Auto Body School in Melrose Park, IL
The Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology program at Lincoln Tech’s Chicago campus in Melrose Park, IL trains students how to repair vehicles and get them looking and driving like new. This auto body school is equipped with 12 auto bays, 9 “drive-in” classrooms, and an Auto Web Tech Lab for a complete hands-on learning experience. ASE-certified instructors teach the fundamentals of automotive repair and service through I-CAR industry-standard training solutions that help students become skilled professionals for all areas of the collision repair industry. The program is now offered in a convenient, unique Blended Learning format, which gives you the opportunity to complete some of your coursework online, on your own schedule. And our Melrose Park campus enjoys established partnerships with many local auto body shops!
- Remove damaged vehicle sections and install replacement parts.
- Practice MIG and TIG welding procedures.
- Practice identifying the cause of errors, defects, and other problems.
- Sand, prime, and paint repaired surfaces with paint spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Use manufacturers’ analytical software to estimate collision damage and measurement.
- Diagnose, fix, and install brakes, suspension, and air conditioning systems.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, and electrical components to access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
I-CAR, the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair, is a non-profit provider of collision repair training standards as defined by the industry. Lincoln Tech’s Collision Repair Technology program integrates the teaching of I-CAR standards into the training program and encourages students to become an I-CAR certified technician upon graduation.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors that are committed to share their technical knowledge.
Lincoln College of Technology is currently offering the following Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology programs: