Electrical and Electronic Systems
Melrose Park, IL
Melrose Park, IL
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN JOB OPENINGS PROJECTED IN ILLINOIS BETWEEN 2020 & 20301
With more than 120 years of career training expertise, Lincoln Tech’s Melrose Park campus is the place to turn for hands-on instruction that can lead to in-demand careers around Chicago and throughout the state of Illinois. You can earn a Diploma through electrical training at this campus, or increase your earning potential with a Service Management Associate of Applied Science Degree. Whatever path you choose, you’ll have plenty of career options to choose from.
High and low-voltage equipment and applications are included in your electrical training, opening up doors to a wider range of jobs when you graduate. Industries including telecommunications, healthcare, security, home entertainment electronics, energy management and others are looking for electronic systems technicians (ESTs), and you can take your high voltage skills to go on and earn an Electrician’s license that allows you to work in residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
Electrical Training Program Highlights
- Gain hands-on experience with cabling and networking tools and materials.
- Train to install, troubleshoot, and service low-voltage electronic systems like whole home automation, closed-circuit monitoring systems, fire alarms, home theater equipment and more.
- Practice using hardware such as anchors, supports, conduits and a lot more.
- Learn to install cable support structures and prepare pathways for copper and fiber optic cabling.
- Learn to install, test, and troubleshoot local area network cabling systems and voice/data systems.
- Study electrical concepts as they relate to equipment like conductors, insulators, and switching devices.
- Build skills for entry-level residential electrician work.
Our partnership with Johnson Controls provides specialized training in their proprietary technology for students in the electrical program. Qualified EEST graduates can then apply for advanced training at the Johnson Controls Academy at Lincoln Tech’s Columbia, MD campus.
It’s time to connect to incredible new career paths. Call or visit the historic Melrose Park campus today.
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Illinois Employment Trends: 47-2111.00 - Electricians. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 19, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/47-2111.00?st=IL&g=Go.