Melrose Park, IL
Melrose Park, IL
growth by 2026*.
Driven by new commercial construction in Chicago, repair and maintenance jobs at O’Hare International Airport, and a growing shortage of workers in infrastructure and the auto and diesel industries, welders are in demand across Illinois. More than 15,000 welding jobs are projected to open throughout the state by 2026*, and Lincoln Tech’s Melrose Park campus offers a Welding training program that can help you take advantage of these opportunities. Industry-specific welding facilities, including individual booths, offer everything you need to learn the science and art of welding.
Skills Acquired at Our Melrose Park, IL Welding School
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW/MIG)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Tungsten Arc Gas Welding (GTAW/TIG)
- Metal fabrication techniques
- Welding plate metal, carbon steel plates, aluminum, and stainless steel
- Welding in horizontal, vertical, and overhead settings
Pursue a Diploma in Welding Technology, or a Certificate in Welding and Metal Fabrication. When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to complete pre-qualification tests for construction, structural or pipe-related projects. You’ll also qualify to test for Level One certification from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Light up a new career path with hands-on training from Lincoln Tech’s Melrose Park, IL campus. Put your potential to work, and reach out to the campus today.
* Career growth projections can be found at careeronestop.org for the years 2016-2026. Data is current as of September 30, 2019.
The following career training programs are currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Melrose Park, IL: