Medical Office Assistant Lincoln, RI
Rhode Island is a Top 10 state for Medical Office Assistant starting pay rates*!
Medical Office Assistants play important roles keeping doctors’ offices running smoothly. Sometimes called Medical Secretaries, these professionals are projected to see career opportunities increase by almost 3,000 across Rhode Island by 2026*. Rhode Island is also a Top 10 state for average pay rates in this field. The new Medical Office Assistant training program at Lincoln Tech’s Lincoln, Rhode Island campus can help you build the skills you need to break in. You’ll be ready to begin a career that gives you the chance to directly impact the lives of patients!
Medical Office Assistant training at Lincoln Tech will:
- Take place in simulated medical offices.
- Include practice with industry-standard Electronic Medical Records software.
- Teach you to document patient exams, diagnosis, disorders and coding.
- Stress International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding guidelines.
- Include administrative courses focused on the organizational side of being a Medical Office Assistant: handling insurance claims and payments, scheduling appointments and tracking laboratory procedures.
You’ll also experience what it’s like to work in an actual doctor’s office, insurance company or billing center through an Administrative Externship prior to graduation.
Learn more about how Medical Office Assistant training at our Lincoln, RI campus can help you begin a rewarding, fulfilling career. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today!
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Lincoln, RI campus: