a Top state for entry-level
Entry-level pay rates for Medical Assistants in Rhode Island are 17% higher than the national average, making the state an excellent place to start a new career in healthcare support. Medical Assistants perform important work that directly impacts patient heath.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech Will:
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Help you learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing.
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
Learn more about how Medical Assistant training in Lincoln, RI can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today!
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Lincoln, RI: