Rhode Island projects the need to fill hundreds of Practical Nurse job openings by 20282. And as the nation's population continues to grow, becoming a Practical Nurse can create plenty of opportunity. In 2021, graduates from our full-time (Day) curriculum enjoyed an 88% job placement rate, and those from our 2021 part-time (Evening) curriculum were all been hired after graduation2.
Learn to provide compassion and care to patients with a variety of needs. At Lincoln Tech’s Lincoln, Rhode Island campus, you can receive comprehensive Practical Nursing career training and prepare for your licensing exams at the same time.
Licensed Practical Nurse Training at our Lincoln, RI Campus Includes:
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
After graduation, you can pursue career paths in:
- Private practices
- Hospitals and clinics.
- Nursing homes and rehabilitation centers.
- Long-term care facilities
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter Rhode Island’s rewarding, fast-paced healthcare industry. Call or visit our campus today.
The Practical Nursing diploma program at Lincoln Tech's Lincoln, RI, campus is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30326. Visit ACEN on the web at www.acenursing.org. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the practical nursing program is continuing accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program using the ACEN's accredited program search form.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Lincoln, Rhode Island:
1 As reported to the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges on the 2021 Annual Report found at https://www.lincolntech.edu/sites/default/files/download/consumer/Lincoln-RI_ACICS-RPP.pdf
2 National Center for O*NET Development. Rhode Island Employment Trends: 29-2061.00 - Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved January 9, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=RI&g=Go