Diesel Technician Training
Lincoln Tech's Grand Prairie Diesel Mechanic School
In the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, the Lincoln Tech Grand Prairie, Texas campus boasts newly enhanced amenities for hands-on diesel training. Students
Diesel engines are used in the vehicles and equipment that help to support our growing nation. As a diesel technician you will be able to perform tune-ups and wheel alignments, and service diesel fuel systems. Courses also include an introduction to welding -
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair diesel engines.
- Use industry-standard tools and equipment.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins, and International HEUI systems.
- Study servicing and repair of heavy duty drive trains.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems and shift mechanisms.
- Work with truck steering systems including toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Learn to service and maintain hydraulic and air brake systems.
After graduating, you'll be ready to pursue work as a technician, mechanic, or mechanic's helper. Fleet service departments, dealerships, private shops, and many other workplaces will be looking for candidates with skills like yours!
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students learn from ASE-certified instructors committed to sharing their technical knowledge.
Choose from programs in Diesel and Truck Mechanics or Master-Certified Diesel & Truck Technology! You can even pursue multiple career paths when you train in our combination diesel and automotive program! The following career training options are currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Grand Prairie diesel mechanic school: