Diesel Technology Training
Grand Prairie, TX
Grand Prairie, TX
Located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, the Lincoln Tech Grand Prairie, Texas campus provides a gateway of opportunity for diesel technician graduates. With 34,000 projected job openings expected in Texas between 2018 and 2028, this provides a wide array of opportunity for new technicians1. There’s no shortage of opportunities for technicians who have the skills and experience, and Lincoln Tech’s diesel mechanic school in Grand Prairie helps you build both.
Diesel careers are about more than trucks, too. Technicians in this field repair and maintain agriculture and mining equipment, power generators, hydraulic systems, and other industrial machines. Each part of the country has its own needs and diesel plays different roles in different states – but no matter where you come from or where you’re going, there’s a diesel-powered industry that needs trained, skilled techs.
Skills Acquired in the Diesel Technology Program
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
Diesel Technician Training Can Prepare You for Working With:
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Construction and agriculture equipment
- Truck fleets including 18-wheelers and more
- Power generation equipment
- Hydraulic systems
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
You can even pursue multiple career paths when you train in our combination diesel and automotive program.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Grand Prairie diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
The following career training options are currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Grand Prairie diesel technology school:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Texas Employment Trends: 49-3031.00 - Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 8, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-3031.00?st=TX&g=Go