Diesel Technology Training Grand Prairie, TX Diesel jobs are growing more than 20% in Texas*
In the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, the Lincoln Tech Grand Prairie, Texas campus puts you at the center of one of the nation’s fastest-growing diesel job markets! 30,000 projected positions over the next 10 years is the biggest single-state projection in America, and Texas’ projected growth rate of 20% is fifth-highest for this industry.* There’s no shortage of opportunities out there for technicians who have the skills and experience. Lincoln Tech’s diesel mechanic school in Grand Prairie helps you build both.
Diesel careers are about more than trucks, too. Technicians in this field repair and maintain agriculture and mining equipment, power generators, hydraulic systems, and other industrial machines. Each part of the country has its own needs and diesel plays different roles in different states – but no matter where you come from or where you’re going, there’s a diesel-powered industry that needs trained, skilled techs!
Skills Acquired at Our Grand Prairie, TX Diesel Technology School
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
Diesel Mechanic School Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Construction and agriculture equipment
- Truck fleets including 18-wheelers and more
- Power generation equipment
- Hydraulic systems
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
You can even pursue multiple career paths when you train in our combination diesel and automotive program.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Grand Prairie diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.