Job Growth For Practical Nursing jobs between 2020 & 20301
There are great reasons to consider Practical Nursing training at Lincoln Tech’s Shelton CT campus. The first is that Connecticut projects more than 6,000 job openings for LPNs between 2020 and 20301. Also, close-by cities like New Haven, Stamford and Bridgeport have sizeable populations, all of whom require skilled healthcare workers to one degree or another.
Experienced LPNs and Certified Nurse Educators (CNEs) deliver a hands-on curriculum that teaches you how to properly care for patients as an LPN, supporting doctors and Registered Nurses along the way. Clinical externships give you real-world experience before you graduate, and your licensing exams are covered during Practical Nursing training as well.
Highlights of Practical Nursing Training at Lincoln Tech’s Shelton, CT Campus
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths in:
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Clinics and private practices and clinics
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter the rewarding, fulfilling LPN field in Connecticut. Call or visit the Shelton campus today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Shelton, CT:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Connecticut Employment Trends: 29-2061.00 - Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved August 3, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=CT&g=Go
The practical nursing program (day and evening sections) offered at the Shelton campus are operating under the status of conditional approval by the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing.