Practical Nursing Shelton, CT
Train and work in the state that ranks second in the country for pay rates in the Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) field. Connecticut ranks second only to Rhode Island (right next door), with average starting pay rates almost 40% higher than you’ll find in other parts of the country. Add to that the thousands of job openings for LPNs projected in-state by 2026*, and you’ll see why it’s a great time to sign up for Practical Nursing training at our campus in Shelton, CT.
Experienced LPNs and Certified Nurse Educators (CNEs) deliver a hands-on curriculum that teaches you how to properly care for patients as an LPN, supporting doctors and Registered Nurses along the way. Clinical externships give you real-world experience before you graduate, and your licensing exams are covered during Practical Nursing training as well: 4 out of 5 Practical Nursing graduates pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) on their first try**
Practical Nursing Training at Lincoln Tech’s Shelton, CT Campus Includes:
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths in:
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Clinics and private practices and clinics
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter the rewarding, fulfilling LPN field in Connecticut. Call or visit the Shelton campus today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Shelton, CT: