24% Job Growth for Medical Assistants between 2020 and 20301
Medical assistant training at Lincoln Tech’s Paramus campus can help you build a future as a healthcare support professional in New Jersey. The State of New Jersey projects that over 27,000 Medical Assistant positions will need to be filled between 2020 and 20301. And with New York City being within easy commuting distance of the Paramus campus, the State of New York projects a need to fill over 44,000 positions by 20302.
Lincoln Tech’s training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field. As a Medical Assistant, you’ll work directly with patients: taking their vital signs, recording medical histories, applying surgical dressings, collecting specimens and more.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech will:
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Expose you to digital technology including hardware, software and word processing.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical internship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Learn more about how Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training in Paramus, NJ can help you begin a rewarding, patient-focused career. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in Paramus, NJ:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. New Jersey Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved July 13, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=NJ&g=Go.
2 National Center for O*NET Development. New York Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved July 13, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=NY&g=Go.