Diesel Service Technology Training
With 7,000 diesel technician jobs projected to open in Tennessee between 2020 and 20301, the diesel industry holds promise for anyone looking to build hands-on skills and launch an exciting career. Nationally, 285,000 job openings for Diesel Technicians are projected to be available between 2021 and 20311, the diesel industry holds promise for anyone looking to build hands-on skills and launch an exciting career. The region’s shipping, construction, and agriculture industries depend on trained, skilled diesel technicians from Lincoln Tech’s diesel mechanic school to keep their equipment and businesses running.
Skills Acquired at Our Nashville, TN Diesel Technology School
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Practice adjusting the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Service fuel systems brands including Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar and others.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
Diesel Technology Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Agriculture equipment
- Truck fleets
- 18 Wheelers
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
Our Nashville campus has been training the country’s diesel and truck technicians since 1919. Originally known as Nashville Auto-Diesel College, students from around the world have come to this diesel mechanic school to build career skills. Take the training you receive in Nashville and pursue careers across the country.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Nashville diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Nashville, TN diesel mechanic school:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Tennessee Employment Trends: 49-3031.00 - Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved September 19, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-3031.00?st=TN&g=Go