Diesel Technology Training
With more than 12,000 technicians projected to be hired around Tennessee and Kentucky in the next 10 years, the diesel industry holds promise for anyone looking to build hands-on skills and launch an exciting career. Nearby states like Georgia and Florida are also Top 10 states for growth in this field.* The region’s shipping, construction, and agriculture industries depend on trained, skilled diesel technicians from Lincoln Tech’s diesel mechanic school to keep their equipment and businesses running.
Skills Acquired at Our Nashville, TN Diesel Technology School
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Practice adjusting the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
Diesel Technology Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Agriculture equipment
- Truck fleets
- 18 Wheelers
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
Our Nashville campus has been training the country’s diesel and truck technicians since 1919. Originally known as Nashville Auto-Diesel College, students from around the world have come to this diesel mechanic school to build career skills. Take the training you receive in Nashville and pursue careers across the country.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Nashville diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech's Nashville, TN diesel mechanic school:
1524 Gallatin Avenue
Nashville, TN 37206