Automotive Technician Training
Lincoln Technical Institute in Mahwah, NJ
This is the place to take your future to the next level. The automotive technology training facility in Mahwah, NJ, features 16 fully functioning bays and rotator lifts, plus drive-in classrooms. Students have access to more than 20 cars on-site, including hybrid vehicles, for hands-on practice on engines, as well as fuel and emission systems, drivability diagnostics and transmissions. Lincoln goes beyond the basic textbook.
Manufacturer Training in Mahwah
The Mahwah campus was the first Lincoln Tech school to offer the Audi Education Partnership Program - in September 2015 representatives from Audi joined Lincoln Tech to launch the partnership and delivered new Audis to the Automotive Technology training bays. Along with the Chrysler Mopar X-Press apprenticeship program, these partnerships give Lincoln Tech graduates an edge when they're ready to hit the gas on the road to their new career. And they give area dealerships "first choice" at hiring top graduates who have trained on their specific technologies!
With Lincoln’s knowledgeable ASE-certified instructors bringing real-world experience to Mahwah, you'll start enjoying hands-on learning opportunities as soon as you enroll in the automotive technician training. When it comes time to graduate, you will feel confident in your skills and working knowledge of various kinds of automobiles.
- Rebuild an engine, flush a brake line, and troubleshoot on-board computers.
- Diagnose and repair all drive train components, including the transmission.
- Repair AC/Heating systems, power windows, doors, and seats.
- Perform basic maintenance, including oil changes, tuneups, and tire rotations.
- Study theory and application of all electrical and electronic systems in an automobile.
- Apply mechanical and technical principles to automotive steering, alignment, and suspension systems.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors that are committed to share their technical knowledge.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Technical Institute in Mahwah, NJ: