Diesel Technology Training
East Windsor CT
East Windsor CT
The U.S. Department of Labor predicts that the demand for diesel technicians in Connecticut will increase 15% from 2020 to 20301. At Lincoln Tech’s East Windsor campus, you’ll learn to repair and maintain trucks, tractors, hydraulic systems, power generators, construction equipment and many other types of machinery. You’ll perform tune-ups, wheel alignments, and fuel system service and repairs. Training takes place initially in the classroom and then in massive, real-world diesel bays that are fully-equipped with the tools you need to work on these larger-than-life engines and machines.
Skills Acquired at Our East Windsor, CT Diesel Technology School
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Service fuel systems brands including Cummins, Detroit Diesel, Caterpillar and others.
- Work with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
Diesel Mechanic School Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Truck fleets
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
Start training for bigger, better career possibilities with earning potential to match. Fuel your career possibilities with the power of diesel technology.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's East Windsor diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
This career training program is offered at Lincoln Tech's Connecticut diesel mechanic school:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Connecticut Employment Trends: 49-3031.00 - Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved July 18, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-3031.00?st=CT&g=Go