Diesel Technician Training
Lincoln Tech's East Windsor Connecticut Diesel Mechanic School
Part of a 315,000-square foot campus, Lincoln Tech's Connecticut diesel mechanic school in East Windsor offers the latest and greatest in diesel engines. Real-world facilities and working diesel shops give students the space they need to master the skills of the trade. Through hands-on training, you can apply what you've learned in the classroom to real big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment!
The importance of diesel training continues to grow. You can take the skills you learn at Lincoln Tech in East Windsor and pursue diesel jobs almost anywhere. Diesel techs are needed to work on cars, trucks, tractors and many types of machinery. In this training program at our Connecticut Diesel Mechanic School, you can learn how to perform tune-ups and align wheel, work with diesel fuel systems, and much more. Our campus partners with leading diesel hiring managers like Ryder trucks!
Skills You'll Gain
- Learn theory, diagnostics, and repair of diesel engines.
- Use standard tools to properly repair components on trucks, tractors and more.
- Service fuel systems like the Common Rail System and Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC). You will also learn about the Cummins and International HEUI systems.
- Diagnose and repair clutch systems based on gear designs and shift mechanisms.
- Adjust the components of a heavy duty steering system. This includes the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Get hands-on practice working on hydraulic and air brake systems.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals in repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, train with ASE instructors who bring knowledge, experience, and passion to our classrooms and training bays!
This career training program is offered at Lincoln Tech's Connecticut diesel mechanic school: