Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology Program
Lincoln College of Technology's Auto Body School in East Windsor, CT
If you enjoy painting and detailing performance machines, or restoring damaged vehicles, the Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology program at Lincoln Tech can help turn your passion into a career. At the 315,000-square foot campus in East Windsor, CT, students are given the tools and equipment to learn the fundamental skills of collision repair. Our ASE-certified instructors bring real-world auto body experience to Lincoln Tech's auto body school to help connect the technical instruction in the classroom to the hands-on training in the garage. Our goal is to prepare students to become knowledgeable and skilled professionals for the collision repair field.
- Remove damaged vehicle sections and install replacement parts using MIG and TIG welding.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors, defects, or other problems.
- Sand, prime, and paint repaired surfaces with paint spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Use manufacturers’ analytical software to estimate collision damage and measurement..
- Work on special project cars that really let you put your skills and artistic talent to work!
- Diagnose, fix, and install brakes, suspension, and air conditioning systems.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
I-CAR, the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair, is a non-profit provider of collision repair training standards as defined by the industry. Lincoln Tech’s Collision Repair Technology program integrates the teaching of I-CAR standards into the training program and encourages students to become an I-CAR certified technician upon graduation.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors that are committed to share their technical knowledge.
Lincoln College of Technology is currently offering the following Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology programs: