Diesel Technology Training
Lincoln Tech's Denver diesel mechanic school features fully equipped truck and diesel bays with welding booths and dyno labs. With approximately 5,800 jobs projected to open for diesel technicians in Colorado between 2018 and 2028, the diesel technology field offers promising careers for people with the necessary skills1.
Training at Lincoln Tech helps you prepare to enter an evolving industry that has an eye to a greener, more energy-efficient future. Diesel technicians repair and maintain trucks, tractors, hydraulic systems, power generators, construction equipment and many other types of machinery. You’ll learn how to perform tune-ups, wheel alignments, and fuel system service and repairs. You can also opt to train in Alternative Fuel Technology, the environmentally-friendly future of the diesel industry.
Highlights of Diesel Mechanic School
- Learn to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair medium and heavy duty diesel engines.
- Use industry standard tools and equipment for maintenance.
- Service fuel systems such as the Common Rail System, Detroit Diesel Electronic Controls (DDEC), Cummins Systems, and International HEUI systems.
- Diagnose and repair truck clutch systems.
- Learn to adjust the components of a heavy duty truck steering system including the toe-in, camber, and caster.
- Build experience working with hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Learn basic welding procedures essential to working on big rigs and other diesel-powered equipment.
Diesel Technology Training Can Prepare You for a Career Working With:
- Truck fleets
- Dealerships and independent repair facilities
- Transport refrigeration systems
- Construction equipment
- Power generation equipment
- Marine equipment
- Buses and other transportation vehicles
Start training for bigger, better career possibilities with earning potential to match. Program options include a Diploma program in Diesel and Truck Technology, an Associate Degree in Diesel and Truck Service Management, and an enhanced Diesel and Truck with Alternative Fuel Technology Diploma. It’s time to get your hands on technology with serious power – the power of diesel fuel and diesel technology.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech's Denver diesel mechanic school, students will learn from ASE-certified instructors who love to teach and who bring valuable real-world experience to the classrooms and training facilities.
The following career training programs are currently available at Lincoln Tech's Denver Diesel Mechanic School:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Colorado Employment Trends: 49-3031.00 - Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 8, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/49-3031.00?st=CO&g=Go