Computer And Network Support Technician
Lincoln Tech's Computer and Network Support Technician (CNST) training program will prepare you for careers at the heart of the IT systems driving today's businesses. After completing your training, you will be eligible to sit for key industry certification exams that can help enhance your skills to potential employers. Our Career Services department can help connect you with those employers when you graduate.
Become an entry-level I.T. professional and take your skills anywhere
In Lincoln Tech's CNST program, you will:
- Receive a Lincoln-issued laptop to practice your skills anytime, anywhere – and the laptop is yours to keep upon graduation.
- Prepare for CompTIA certifications in IT Fundamentals, A+ and Net+.
- Get on the “front lines” of information security by learning to detect potentially malicious activity and carry out sophisticated counter-hacking measures.
- Practice the “layer by layer” approach to computer networking while mastering advanced techniques of TCP/IP.
- Learn to support remote users in corporate settings through Outlook Web Access and Outlook Anywhere, Virtual Private Networks, and Wireless Networks.
- Build skills related to time management, financial management, goal-setting, career awareness, critical thinking and more — all with the goal of having you completely prepared to seek a job upon program completion.
- Apply PC support and network configuration in our Information Technology Shop. In addition to gaining valuable customer service skills, you can practice documenting completed work requests.
- Take part in a 90-hour externship under the supervision of a qualified IT professional. This is an excellent opportunity to “put it all together” in off-site work environments while supporting your professional development.
Computers have long been a vital part of our lives, and the need for professionals trained to maintain our IT systems and keep data secure will only increase in the years ahead. A career as a Computer and Network Support Technician is an excellent way to step into the industry in a relatively short time with in-demand skills.
Programs vary by campus.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program can be found at our consumer information page.
Campuses that currently offer training in this program area are listed below, as well as links to exact program informational fact sheets: