New Britain, CT
New Britain, CT
Practical Nursing training at our New Britain campus is a great way to break into this field. In 2022, 82% of Practical Nursing day students, and 91% of Practical Nursing evening students from the New Britain campus passed the NCLEX-PN exam on their first attempt2. Clinical externships give you real-world experience before you graduate, and our Career Service specialists help connect you to hiring managers in the field.
Highlights of Practical Nursing Training in New Britain CT
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths in:
- Clinics and private practices and clinics
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter the rewarding, fulfilling LPN field in Connecticut. Call or visit the New Britain campus today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in New Britain, CT:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Connecticut Employment Trends: 29-2061.00 - Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved August 3, 2023, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=CT&g=Go
2 The NCLEX-PN is a standardized examination administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing that Practical Nursing program graduates must pass in order to be licensed to practice as a practical nurse. These results published are from NCLEX-PN first-time test takers for a reporting period that began on May 1, 2022 and ended on April 30, 2023.