New Britain, CT
New Britain, CT
2nd Highest state in the nation
When it comes to careers in the Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) field, it doesn’t get much better than working in Connecticut! Starting pay rates for Licensed Practical Nurses average almost 40% higher here than in the rest of the country. (Only Rhode Island, right next door, ranks higher.) There are also thousands of job openings projected by 2026*. Practical Nursing training at our New Britain campus is a great way to break into this field.
Four out of 5 Practical Nursing graduates pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) on their first try**, and instruction is delivered by experienced LPNs and Certified Nurse Educators (CNEs). Clinical externships give you real-world experience before you graduate, and our Career Service specialists help connect you to hiring managers in the field.
Practical Nursing Training at Lincoln Tech’s New Britain, CT Campus Includes:
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths in:
- Clinics and private practices and clinics
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter the rewarding, fulfilling LPN field in Connecticut. Call or visit the New Britain campus today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in New Britain, CT: