New Britain, CT
New Britain, CT
8% Growth IN JOB DEMAND FOR PRACTICAL NURSES1
There are almost 9,000 job openings projected for LPNs in Connecticut by 20281. Practical Nursing training at our New Britain campus is a great way to break into this field. In 2021, 89% of Practical Nursing day students, and 83% of evening students from the New Britain campus passed the NCLEX-PN exam on their first attempt2, and instruction is delivered by experienced LPNs and Certified Nurse Educators (CNEs). Clinical externships give you real-world experience before you graduate, and our Career Service specialists help connect you to hiring managers in the field.
Highlights of Practical Nursing Training in New Britain CT
- Preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN).
- Hands-on practice in simulated medical and nursing labs.
- Instruction in taking vital signs, practicing infection control, dressing wounds and administering medications.
- Courses related to drug & IV therapy, pharmacology, data collection, pediatric nursing, maternity nursing, and working with geriatric patients.
- On-campus health fairs, blood drives, blood pressure screenings and other community-focused events.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths in:
- Clinics and private practices and clinics
- Nursing homes
- Long-term care facilities and rehabilitation centers
- Sub-acute care centers
Train to enter the rewarding, fulfilling LPN field in Connecticut. Call or visit the New Britain campus today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in New Britain, CT:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Connecticut Employment Trends: 29-2061.00 - Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 3, 2021, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=CT&g=Go
2 021 NCLEX-PN test results for Lincoln Tech day students from the New Britain campus found at https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Departments-and-Agencies/DPH/dph/phho/Nursing_Board/NCLEX-RN-LPN-Pass-Rates-Revised-May-2021.pdf Data retrieved January 8, 2022.