New Britain, CT
New Britain, CT
17% GROWTH IN JOB DEMAND FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANTS1
Across the country, healthcare support professionals are in great demand, and the need is especially great in Connecticut. The state projects growth of more than 17% for Medical Assistants by 20301. Medical Assistant training at Lincoln Tech’s New Britain, CT campus can help you enter a field where you’ll be in demand and can earn an excellent living.
Medical Assistant Training at Lincoln Tech Will:
- Put you in realistic medical offices called Doctor’s Office Classrooms (DOCs), which fully simulate professional healthcare offices from reception to exam rooms.
- Let you test your skills on simulation manikins that you'll "treat” for ailments.
- Give you hands-on experience working with equipment such as EKG machines, injection simulators, autoclaves, lung function tests and more.
- Include classes in anatomy and physiology, health administration, pharmacology and much more.
- Help you learn to take vital signs, read and update charts, apply surgical dressings and practice phlebotomy tasks like specimen collection and lab testing.
- Give you the opportunity to take part in a “virtual medical course” and a 180-hour clinical externship for valuable real-world experience before you graduate.
As a graduate, you can pursue career paths as a:
- Medical Assistant in private practices and public facilities
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Unit/Ward Clerk (hospital settings only)
Lincoln Tech’s Medical Assistant training program prepares you to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). This exam is crucial to fully completing your education and being qualified to work in the field.
Learn more about how Medical Assistant training in New Britain, CT can help you begin a career that’s patient-focused, flexible, and rewarding. Call to schedule a tour or request more information today.
The following career training program is currently offered at Lincoln Tech in New Britain, CT:
1 National Center for O*NET Development. Connecticut Employment Trends: 31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved December 13, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=CT&g=Go.