Dental Assistant Training
Hands-On Dental Assistant Training Starts at Lincoln TechLincoln Tech's Dental Assistant program teaches you how to provide service with a smile to dental patients. Dental Assistants ensure procedures are performed smoothly, efficiently and comfortably.
Dental Assistant training prepares students to sit for the Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) and Infection Control (ICE) portions of the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam. Students receive a well-rounded foundation in Dental Assisting.
- Students practice Dental Assisting training on a patient simulator manikin (Typodont) named "Dexter." They learn to master safety measures, take impressions, develop X-rays and more.
- Instructors are industry-experienced and have held positions in the field.
- Students will also learn proper chair-side techniques to help dentists perform oral surgery, dental implant placement, orthodontic procedures involving braces, and other cosmetics and aesthetic treatments.
- Attain dental office admin skills such as basic accounting, coding and billing and record keeping.
- Schools are equipped with learning tools such as dental labs and sterilization rooms set up just like those in actual dental offices.
- Take part in a clinical externship and work with patients under the supervision of a licensed dentist.
At our Mass. campuses in Brockton and Lowell, you’ll also find enhanced "Blended Learning" programs that combine at-home online study with hands-on practice in our on-campus Dental Office Classrooms. Make the most of your training on campus and complete coursework online from the comfort of your home!
What the Dental Assistant program has to offer you
Lincoln’s hands-on Dental Assistant courses put the tools you need to succeed in your hands. You’ll get a true feel for working in simulated dental settings during class. This means you'll be doing the things a Dental Assistant does even before you start your first job! As a Dental Assistant, you’re not just a team member – you’re an advocate for proper dental care, and you can impact the wellness of the patients you serve.
Be a smiling and friendly face that people come to know at the dentist by training for a career as a dental assistant!