Throughout the month of August, Lincoln Tech is traveling around the country to find industries that are growing in the states where we offer training. Today, we look at information technology careers. Use the data below to guide you toward a fulfilling career. All career-growth projections and salary information can be found at careeronestop.org.
Information Technology Careers Continue to Grow
Deciding on a future career is an exciting process. It’s a time to dream and also a time to do some careful research. Perhaps the most important thing you can do at this stage is to target industries that are growing and projected to expand in the coming years. Everyone wants to work in an industry where there are opportunities for growth and advancement – this is your ticket to a rewarding and promising future. And Information Technology is one of those industries!
IT is a dynamic industry as well. From configuring and maintaining computer systems for small businesses or large corporations, to monitoring networks for security threats, this is a field with a variety of career options.
As computers continue to play an integral role in doing business, companies will be looking for trained professionals to meet their IT needs. Nationwide, it is estimated that more than 28,000 positions will open by 2024. For a closer look, here’s what the job prospects look like around you.
- Georgia will see 1,200 openings across the state by 2024. Students can train at Lincoln Tech’s Atlanta campus.
- In Massachusetts, there should be roughly 480 new IT jobs by 2024. Prepare for these careers at our Lowell or Somerville campuses.
- In New Jersey, more than 500 positions will need to be filled by 2024. Training for these careers is available in Moorestown, Iselin or Paramus.
- In New York, more than 1,800 openings are projected across the state by 2024. Train next door in Iselin or Paramus, New Jersey.
- In Pennsylvania, 800 positions will open up by 2024. You can get qualified for these careers in Northeast Philadelphia or Allentown – or even across the Delaware in Moorestown, NJ!
At Lincoln Tech, Computer and Network Support training introduces you to fundamental concepts and gives you personalized, hands-on training that can make you the kind of IT professional millions rely on. You’ll learn through custom modules, one-on-one instruction and web-based learning systems that will make you stand out in this exciting and rewarding job field.