Celebrating National Nursing Assistant Week
Many hands are involved in administering care to disabled, elderly, ill or injured patients. While nurses do so much, they wouldn't be able to have as large of an impact if it weren't for their nursing assistants. But nursing assistants do so much more than lend a helping hand. They provide the care that elderly and disabled people need most. Every day, nursing assistants lend their expertise with a smile on their faces, making patients feel at ease.
This year, we celebrate the 38th Annual National Nursing Assistants Week from June 11 through 18. If you want to get in on the celebration, check out the options for nursing assistant programs at Lincoln Tech. You will learn how to:
- Take vital signs and maintain medical and personal equipment.
- Master tasks such as feeding, toileting and bathing.
- Practice patient transport.
- Guide patients through therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises.
- Interact with patients so they feel comfortable in your company.
We thank all of the wonderful nursing assistants out there and congratulate those looking to make the career change.