Lincoln Tech South Plainfield, NJAre you mechanically inclined, and enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together again? Sounds like a career in Diesel Technology or working with Heavy Equipment is right for you! And Lincoln Tech in South Plainfield, New Jersey can help you gain the skills employers look for.
Our diesel, heavy equipment, and transport refrigeration training puts you in real, working bays where you’ll get under the hoods and into the systems that drive these powerful, heavy duty rigs and machines. Diesel and truck technology is at the heart of everything we offer:
- Diesel and Truck Technology
- Diesel and Truck Technology with Transport Refrigeration
- Heavy Equipment and Truck Technology
Your core classes in diesel technology essentials will help you build the foundation of a successful, rewarding hands-on career – and whichever career path you choose, you’ll be well-trained and well-positioned when it comes time to search for your first job!
Diesel and Heavy Equipment Training at Lincoln Tech's South Plainfield Campus
The Lincoln Tech South Plainfield campus is a leading regional Diesel mechanic school. Formerly Engine City Technical Institute, the campus features hands-on Diesel programs that prepare students for careers in transport refrigeration, diesel engine repair on trucks, recreation vehicles, construction equipment, trains, busses and almost anything that runs on a diesel engine.
- The campus features 48,000 square-feet of shop and classroom space filled with diesel training transmissions, differentials, components and more.
- Classes are designed for individual attention, and small class sizes give students dedicated time for hands-on training with help from professional instructors.
- Our instructors are pros in the classroom and shop. They have proven their teaching capability by successfully completing a comprehensive Instructor Training Program.
- The school features 10 classrooms, which are outfitted with hydraulic and mechanical trainers, and various electrical accessory training board simulators.
- The Early Student Engagement program helps students focus on life skills necessary to be successful in the diesel industry.
Upon graduating from Lincoln Tech, students are prepared to repair and service diesel trucks, construction equipment, bulldozers, cranes, and other diesel powered machines. Our Career Services department has even helped place students in jobs with companies such as OEM distributors, waste management, and municipal garages, to name a few.
Take your passion for Diesel mechanics to the next level. Call Lincoln Technical Institute in South Plainfield, New Jersey to find out about the Admissions process!