Computer and Network Support Technician
Learn to support and maintain IT programs with training at Lincoln
Lincoln Tech's Computer and Network Support Technician (CNST) training program will prepare you for careers at the heart of the I.T. systems driving today's businesses. After completing your training, you will be eligible to sit for key industry certification exams that can help enhance your skills to potential employers. Our Career Services department can help connect you with those employers when you graduate!
In our CNST program, you will:
- Receive a Lincoln-issued laptop to practice your skills anytime, anywhere – and the laptop is yours to keep upon Graduation!
- Gain familiarity with the “layer by layer” approach to computer networking while mastering advanced techniques of TCP/IP.
- Learn how to provide support to remote users in corporate settings through Outlook Web Access and Outlook Anywhere, Virtual Private Networks, and Wireless Networks.
- Build skills related to time management, financial management, goal-setting, career awareness, critical thinking and more — all with the goal of having you completely prepared to seek a job upon program completion.
- Apply PC support and network configuration in our Information Technology Shop. In addition to gaining valuable customer service skills, you can practice documenting completed work requests.
- Take part in a 90-hour externship under the supervision of a qualified IT professional. This is an excellent opportunity to “put it all together” in off-site work environments while supporting your professional development.
This is truly a Career That Builds America as computers have become a vital part of our lives, both at home and at work. Learn what it takes to tackle these important networking issues as a Computer and Network Support Technician.