Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology Program
Lincoln College of Technology's Auto Body School in Denver, CO
In the classroom and in the garage, Lincoln Tech’s ASE-certified instructors will help you reach your full potential in the repair and refinishing industry. At the auto body school at Lincoln Tech's Denver, Colorado campus, you will train in an up-to-date lab space that houses 19 working collision bays. Here you'll learn to paint, airbrush and perform auto body repairs.
With more than 38,000 positions expected to open around the country in collision repair - including almost 1,000 right in Colorado - by 2024*, now's the right time to start training for this exciting, challenging field! Working with industry-standard tools and professional instructors, students will get a comprehensive education that fully prepares them for a thriving career.
- Remove damaged vehicle sections and install replacement parts.
- Practice MIG and TIG welding procedures.
- Inspect equipment, structures, and materials to identify defects and other problems.
- Sand, prime, and paint repaired surfaces with spray guns and motorized sanders.
- Use manufacturers’ analytical software to estimate collision damage and measurement.
- Diagnose, fix, and install brakes, suspension, and air conditioning systems.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical components, and trim to access vehicle bodies and fenders.
I-CAR, the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair, is a non-profit provider of collision repair industry training standards. Lincoln Tech’s Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology program incorporates I-CAR standards and encourages students to become I-CAR certified technicians after graduation.
ASE, the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, tests and certifies professionals for excellence in automotive repair and service. At Lincoln Tech, students learn from ASE-certified instructors committed to sharing their technical knowledge.
*Source: careeronestop.org, for the years 2014-2024.
Lincoln College of Technology is currently offering the following Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology programs in Denver, Colorado: